Interested in serving alongside a team of volunteers from your church as they support families experiencing crisis reach their goals?
Learn more about each volunteer role below and fill out the application below!
A Host family creates a safe place for children whose parents are in crisis. The Host Family practices biblical hospitality when they (1) temporarily open their home to children (2) develop a relationship with the partnering parents and provide ongoing support for the family even after children return home.
- Married couples applying as Host Family need only 1 application.
Click here to become a Host Family.
Family Coaches provide an opportunity to minister by facilitating the relationship between the partnering parents and the Host Family during a partnership by (1) supporting the host family and ensuring the well-being of the children in care and (2) providing support and mentor-ship to the partnering parent(s). Family Coaches help facilitate visits, and coordinate communication among the Family Coach Supervisor, the host family, and the partnering parents.
Click here to become a Family Coach.
Family Friends come alongside the host family and/or partnering parents to provide encouragement and prayer during the time of hosting which could include, but is not limited to babysitting, transportation, meals, and support.
- Married couples who are both wanting to serve as Family Friends are required to each submit a separate FF Application online.
- If you are applying as Family Friend and wish to offer babysitting IN YOUR HOME, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and advise you want approval as [FF+]. [FF+] simply means Family Friend with home inspection completed, allowing for in home babysitting.
- If you wish to provide overnight babysitting IN YOUR HOME, a Host Family Application is required.
Click here to be a Family Friend.
Resources Friends help provide material needs like diapers, children’s items, meals trains, or professional services/skills like resume or job interview training to the team of volunteers as well as partnering parents.
Some examples are:
- Therapy/counseling for couples, individuals, or children
- Hair support services (barber, ethnic hair care support, etc)
- Doctors, Dentists, Nurse Practitioners willing to volunteer their services
- Moving company services
- Automobile repair/mechanic services
- HR skills: interviewing, resume writing, etc.
- Budgeting and Financial Stability Assistance
Click here to be a Resource Friend.